Monday 11 January 2016

1er Reiter Regiment

So this has been a while in coming and is still missing a few bits but pretty much done. This is 1er Reiter Regiment from 1st Cavalry Division for Operation Barbarossa. Based up for house rules Spearkrieg Commander.
Orbat
Just missing from this list are; Engineers, Mortars and a HMG.
1er Reiter

As the formation primarily fought as mounted cavalry (as well as to cheapen the build) I have based the "Rifle" platoons as 1 cavalry model and 2 infantry.
Regimental HQ
Regimental HQ is still missing the engineer platoon and I may get transport (normally I just show that the unit is being towed by turning the unit around) for towed units.
Battalion Formation
I may also add some foliage to some of the gun teams to add a bit extra.
Rifle Platoons
Not sure how far I want to go with this force, it only existed in Divisional strength during Battle of France and Operation Barbarossa - in Poland it was Brigade strength and from 1942 onwards it reformed as a Panzer Division. Still its a bit of a different force and got me in the mood to paint 10mm cavalry (maybe my Carthaginian Army might get a look in?).

No comments:

Post a Comment